Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Chronicles of Soone: Heir to the King - James Somers

I found this review I did about two years ago for a new author. I decided to see if I could find the book itself online, simply because it was published by a small as-yet-unknown publisher, Breakneck Books (now merged with Variance) and to see how it was doing. I was happy to see that on Amazon that there were 14 reviews and all of them were quite positive. And then I was quite pleasantly surprised to see that on the back cover, there is a blurb of my review! I got a back-cover blurb! I had forgotten that when my review was finished, they were looking for something to put there. For a book reviewer, this is an exciting thing, almost as exciting as a new author having his first book published.

For those interested, I have re-posted my review below. Unfortunately, this is only a partial review. I have switched blogs several times and in the midst of moving, I lost many of my past reviews.




Debut author James Somers has started his writing career off with a bang with this first book in his Chronicles of Soone series - Heir to the King.

A young man is given the task of restoring peace between warring clans before the dark forces who oppose his every effort succeed in enslaving all humanity. Born into the warrior Barudii clan, Tiet Soone is the only surviving member of the royal family. Bent on revenge, peace with the Vorn and Horva people is the last thing on his mind. Soon, all three face a greater enemy, and it's only under Tiet's leadership that they can defeat it.

I was excited to read this book after I accidentally received an email from James Somers that was meant to go to someone else. I became hooked on the idea after reading the synopsis on James' website, and I asked to review the book. There aren't very many Christian science-fiction authors, so I was pleased to see another one come up.

James Somers has written an exciting debut that promises to be as epic as Star Wars. The plot moved quickly and there was not a dull moment throughout the entire book.

This first book has hooked me for the series. I plan to keep updated for the rest of it! -- Wren Reviews, first posted 10/5/06

No comments:

Post a Comment